Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Been thinking about this for awhile. I feel like a lot of my life can be summarized using this technique...the good, the bad, the ugly. For instance:
  1. The good - I live in a small town, the bad - there are only 5000 people in the entire town, the ugly - they ALL know what everyone is doing
  2. The good - I know how to play flute, the bad - my flute is under my dresser, the ugly - I haven't played more than 30 minutes in the last 10 years
  3. The good - I've got two wonderful girls, the bad - they are eight and ten, the ugly - the ten year old has started middle school.
  4. The good - I started doing triathlon, the bad - I train between 10-12 hours a week, the ugly - I'm not very fast
  5. The good - I have 2 girls, the bad - I have been pregnant 9 times, the ugly - I have lost 7 children.
  6. The good - I have a fabulous sister, the bad - she lives almost 800 miles away, the ugly - her life is so complicated, I don't get to see her much.
  7. The good - I have a job where I can work from home, the bad - I spend most of my day staring at a computer screen, the ugly - my boss is a bully.
  8. The good - my parents have been married for almost 50 years, the bad - my mom's eyesight is failing due to complications from diabetes and she really shouldn't drive, the ugly - they shouldn't live in the same house because they are pretty mean to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment