Friday, April 8, 2011

Imprecise wanderings

After a bit of self questioning, I realized a couple of things:
  1. When trying to describe my ideal job, I get all hand wavy. I've got nothing specific to say and as a result, all of my job searches are at a high level. I may have experience that "they" are looking for, I may not. I may think I have the experience, but have communicated it in such a broad fashion in my resume that anyone trying to evaluate my potential fit will walk away shaking their head. I need to really clearly define what I want to do and then figure out what job matches that. If my experience doesn't match that, then I need to go about getting the experience I need.
  2. I need to find a way to be happy in my current position. Because if my previous (see above) waffiliness about my interests and capabilities, finding a job is going to be difficult at best. I may need to use this current position to get me the experience I need to move to the job that I want.
So, once I finish the things I have on my list for today - I'm going to try to start defining what I really want instead of this vague amorphous idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment