Wednesday, April 6, 2011

That General Sense of Ennui

en·nui

–noun
a feeling of utter weariness and discontent resulting from satiety or lack of interest; boredom: The endless lecture produced an unbearable ennui.

Lack of interest I tell you...that's what it is! It may have something to do with the weather (I mean really - snow on April 1st?) and the fact that I'm seriously jonesing for some nice spring weather. It may have something to do with the fact that I just finished my last scheduled race until Memorial Day. It may have something to do with the fact that I'm currently looking for another job (which kind of implies that I'm not terribly happy in my current job). It may have something to do with the fact that I feel like I spend my days (and nights) watching screens.

Be it a computer monitor, television screen, or phone....I've got my eyes locked on. I typically spend at least 8 hours staring at a computer monitor and another 1-2 hours staring at a television screen. Sure, I can look up out the window and see the great outdoors. Sure, I can take the hound for a walk (or walk + chuckie for ultimate fulfillment) and be in the outdoors...but truth be told, most of my time is spent alone staring at a screen.

I just feel like I'm currently going through the motions waiting for time to pass until things are different. Until it is spring (not just the wacky New England version of spring which includes 38 degree days with a possibility of snow). Until I start my Half Ironman training plan (at the end of April). Until I find a job that makes me feel competent and valued.

No comments:

Post a Comment